Virginia Beach & Norfolk 2017-2018
Registration for our Virginia Beach and Norfolk Advanced program is now open. Players will pay ONLY a $5 administrative fee during the initial tryout registration. After the tryout, players who are selected into the Advanced program will receive additional registration and payment instructions.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding our Advanced program or the tryout process please contact the Director in the table below:
If you have registration questions please email email@example.com for assistance.
For Spring 2018 Va Beach and Norfolk Advanced teams, rosters are frozen in TASL (Tidewater Advanced Soccer League) on March 24.
If your son/daughter is interested in being evaluated for a VA BEACH Advanced Team for Spring 2018, please log-in to Blue Sombrero and register for the January Supplemental Tryout, which will be held on Thursday January 25th, 2018. HRSC/time TBD
Choose Program: VB 2017-2018 Advanced
Choose Division: either "Spring 2018 Coed Advanced Tryout" or "Spring 2018 Girls Advanced Tryout"
If your son/daughter is interested in being evaluated for a NORFOLK Advanced Team for Spring 2018, please email Ivan Militar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryout Age Group Information (Fall 2017/Spring 2018):
Age groups for 2017-2018 Seasonal Year
|Age Group||Birth Year|
Advanced Tryout Registration Information:
- All players are strongly encouraged to pre-register for tryouts. All players MUST be registered to tryout. The tryout administrative fee is $5. If you would like to pay by credit card, you may do so online at the time you register. If paying by cash or check, please bring/mail that payment by the office prior to tryouts (3200 Dam Neck Road, Suite 104, Virginia Beach, VA 23453).
- Each player should bring a soccer ball and water to the tryout. Players should wear appropriate athletic attire, shin guards, cleats, and soccer socks covering the shin guards.
- Each player will be issued a tryout number to be worn on their shorts for easy visibility. Please do not put the number on the player’s shirt.
- Each player will be responsible for returning and wearing the same number at any successive tryout sessions, so please do not lose it.
- It is strongly recommended that players attend all scheduled days of the tryout. Each player will be given the best opportunity to be evaluated when attending all scheduled days. If a player is unable to attend a day of tryouts, please notify the Beach FC Recreational Director of Coaching at email@example.com.
- At the conclusion of tryouts for each age group, each player will be notified via email or phone of the tryout results, within one week of the last day of tryouts. Please do not call the office inquiring of selections within one week of tryouts. This only serves to delay our notifications. The club works hard to notify all players in a timely fashion.
- Selected players will need to re-enter the online database system to complete registration and make payment for the Advanced Program.
- Non-selected players will need to re-enter the online database system to complete registration and make payment for the Recreation program. All tryout players will have a place to play.
General Advanced Tryout and League Information:
- The Advanced program is an intermediate recreational level designed to provide players a more challenging environment where fun and learning are still the guiding principles.
- The goal of Advanced tryouts is to place players in the best level developmentally and provide an evaluation for each participating player. All players will be placed on teams, whether recreation or advanced, based upon the coach evaluations. If any player shows exceeding promise, it is recommended that they try out for the travel program with Beach FC. We have a place to play for every tryout player.
- All decisions will be made with the best interest of the child in mind. Adult considerations, political agendas, and exceptions to rules will not be factors in the tryout. Each player will be evaluated and placed at a level equivalent with their ability - for the good of the player alone.
- A long term perspective will be used when forming teams at the Advanced level. We want the players to be placed at a level in which they will continue to have fun, experience success, and be challenged appropriately for the long term. Small transitional steps are used to gradually encourage players to fulfill their individual potential over time, their own highestÂ level.
- It is recommended that each player tryout for the highest level with Beach FC each year in order to continually challenge themselves. It is a disservice to the player to assume they will not make a Travel team or an Advanced team before the tryout. We encourage players to tryout!
- If players are not selected for higher level teams, additional tryouts are offered each year. Not being selected for a Travel or Advanced team should serve as motivation to continue to work hard on one’s own time to improve and try again. This should not be seen as a failure in any way, but a means for evaluation and motivation. Remember tryouts are subjective by nature and coach opinions and evaluations will also vary. It takes courage and commitment just to attend tryouts, which should be seen as a positive first step. We value seeing players return to tryouts the following the year, showing a commitment to continually improve and the toughness to bounce back.
- Advanced level coaches will be selected from interested individuals based upon prior coaching experience, playing experience, and education. All Advanced Coaches must hold the USSF Coaching License (or equivalent).
- The coaches selected to head teams in each age group will have control over the selection of players for their teams. The coaches will base their decision not only on two tryout sessions but will also factor in input from their previous coach (if a coaching change has occurred) and the Technical Director. Additional coaches will serve as evaluators to assist the team coaches. Our Club believes this is the best way, out of many alternatives, to objectively select players for Advanced teams.
- The coaches selected to head the teams in each age group will have control over the frequency and location of their team’s practice. In general, it is recommended that Advanced teams train a minimum of two times per week at a location central to the members of the team, based upon available field space and time constraints.
- All Advanced Coaches are overseen by the full-time Recreation Technical Director.
- All Advanced Coaches are volunteers dedicating their time to help the children and provide a competitive venue and learning environment for kids to play this great game. If you are interested in volunteering as an Advanced Coach, please contact the Director of Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Club’s Advanced teams play in a league called the Tidewater Advanced Soccer League, or TASL. A typical season is 10 games long. A typical schedule, competing clubs, and information about the league can be found online at www.tasli.org . Travel is kept to a minimum and within the Hampton Roads area. Games are typically played on Saturdays (with possible rare games on Sundays). Our home games are played at the Hampton Roads Soccer Complex (HRSC). Away games are played at the sites of the competing clubs.
- We look forward to seeing many of our players climb the club’s development ladder and reach our highest levels! See you at tryouts!