Classes, Forms, and Contact Information
Our in-house referee classes will be held on August 21/23 and August 27/29. The classes will be held at Larrymore Elementary School in Norfolk. Please email email@example.com to reserve your spot in the class. There will be a $20.00 fee for the class.
Please click following link for certification (in order to be able to referee at HRSC) class information: http://www.vadcsoccerref.com/
U7-U12 RECREATION GAMES
Beach FC In-House Referee Contract: CLICK HERE
RECREATION, ADVANCED, AND TRAVEL GAMES
Referee Scheduler: Chris Crews
Phone: (757) 689-2154 (work) or (757) 403-0952 (cell)
All Beach FC U7-U12 Recreation games are played at Williams Farm Park - 5277 Learning Circle, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
BEACH FC Recreation Games (U7-U12)
Beach FC Rec Referees and Assistant Referees will be assigned to fields within their appropriate skill levels.
- U7/U8 fields will have:
- Beginning Center Referees (3 referees per game)
- U10 Fields will have:
- More experienced center referees (must be at least 14 years old for U10)
- U12 Fields will have:
- Most experienced center referees (must be at least 16 years old)
- Two (2) assigned assistant referees
- U13/U16 Fields will have:
- Adult Center Referees
- Two assigned assistant referees
- ALL Advanced fields will have:
- USSF certified referees
Min # players on field
Max # players on field
Duration of match
Min between halves/qtrs
- All U7-U12 recreation matches will be held at Williams Farm Park. Click here for directions.
- Arrive at the field at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the match.
- Be in proper uniform with all equipment when you arrive. If you have any questions about where to obtain any of the uniform items, please ask. Shirts must be tucked in at all times, socks pulled up and no sagging! This includes:
- Referee shirt, short or long sleeves, black sweat shirt or jacket acceptable in cold, rainy weather.
- Black shorts or long pants
- Black shoes
- Black socks
- Referee cards/wallet
- Pen/pencil and paper
- Stop watch/watch
- All referees must initial the game charts located in the referee book at site table BEFORE you have refereed your game in order to get paid. If you do not sign the book then YOU WILL NOT BE PAID.
- The referee teams are responsible for their fields. The center referee is the “senior-in-charge“ of the assigned field and pitch. The assistant referees are responsible and accountable to the center referee. The team must work closely together in maintaining control of the game and making the “BEST POSSIBLE CALLS” they can. A professional attitude is required at all times. Remember you are representatives of BEACH FC. If you have a conflict with anyone on your referee team, take it up away from the field, parents and players.
- The referees are to get the game ball from the site table (trailer) for each game and return it to there when the game is finished.
- If problems arise the site managers are available to assist the referees as needed.
- Referees must report any red and yellow cards given on the “Field Report Form” in the referee book. All red cards and or suspensions MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of the incident as well as reported to the site manager/board member at your location.
- As the weather begins to shift please be prepared for either hot & humid or cold & windy weather. Also, make sure you have with you sufficient DRINKS, snacks or a lunch to cover the time you are at the fields.
- Games begin as early as 8:00 am and could go until 2:00 pm. When you request a game on mysoccerleague.com, be sure to leave yourself enough time for travel.
- For scheduling purposes the following should be noted. We schedule games according to the first requested. If you are a new referee, please do not request center’s for U10 and U12 games. We would like for you to have experience with the younger age groups first.
- IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU CANNOT REFEREE THE GAME(S) YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO DO YOU MUST NOTIFY THE SCHEDULER NO LATER THAN THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE GAMES TO ALLOW TIME TO FIND REPLACEMENTS. If you do NOT show up for your game without notifying the referee scheduler you will hear from the Director on your availability for games for the coming weeks.
- If games are cancelled or postponed due to weather, referees will be emailed as soon as the decision is made, usually between 7 and 7:30 am. If you are unsure by the time you need to leave home for your games, check the Beach FC website at www.beachfc.com.